One morning a couple weeks ago I was craving pancakes. Oh pancakes have such a pull, don’t they? And you know I’ve been trying to focus on more protein and less grains….low carb really seems to agree with my digestive system and the way I feel. I admit the sugar monster is really starting to grip me again, so I want to get strict with my eating. I know I can do it!! Anyone want to join me?
We can commit to 1 week of clean eating or whatever that means to you and getting in exercise daily (or at the very least 3-5 times this week). You know with just one week under our belts, we’d start feeling GREAT and the hard part would be done! That hurdle of just beginning again, you know?
So who’s with me? My birthday’s coming up September 11th, and I want to look and feel my best. Ideally I’d like to lose about 5-8 pounds before getting into holiday mode. It’s the perfect time, and most of you are about to get gorgeous weather to get outside for daily walks! Come on….we can DO this!! What do you say? I need some accountability! I’m going to read my posts under low carb and clean eating in the category section over in the sidebar to get motivated.
Now let me tell you about this pancake! I remembered these cream cheese pancakes and how the texture was achieved with eggs and cream cheese. I figured I could do something with a nut and oat base and feature these peaches. So I embarked on one big skillet pancake….and it worked! Now it’s delicate, so there is NO flipping this pancake. You have to use an oven safe skillet and finish it off under the broiler, but wow….I was sold! I think you’ll love them as much as I do!
This pancake may or may not fit in with your eating plan and the challenge above, but if it doesn’t….book mark it for later or change it up to suit you. And you can use another fruit when peaches are out of season. All I know is it’s now one of my favorites. It’s easy, tasty, filling, low carb and gluten-free. What’s not to love?
- 1 peach
- ⅓ cup oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp sugar or honey granules (half the amount for lower carb)
- 2 Tbsp pecans, ground
- 1 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- Sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Slice peach. Put aside a few slices to top the pancake with and dice the rest. Save pit.
- Partially grind oats in coffee grinder. Set aside.
- Grind pecans in coffee grinder. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat 1 egg vigorously.
- To egg, add oats, ground pecans, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, cream and almond milk. Mix well.
- Add in all diced peaches. Now sqeeze the peach bit over the bowl to extract all peach juice.
- Butter and heat oven-proof skillet to medium heat. Add batter to skillet and make sure it spreads out. After the bottom is cooked finish off under the broiler keeping a close eye not to burn.
This recipe is linked up with What’s on the Menu Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, What’s on your Plate, What I Ate Wednesday, Let’s do Brunch, Real Food Wednesday, Pennywise Platter, It’s a Keeper, Full Plate Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Finer Things Friday, Friday Potluck, Food Trip Friday, Friday Favorites, Fresh Bites Friday, Mouthwatering Monday, Mangia Mondays, Just Another Meatless Monday, Homemaker Monday, Melt in your Mouth Monday, My Meatless Monday, Monday Mania, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Hearth and Soul Hop, Tasty Tuesday, Fat Tuesday & Tuesdays at the Table.