Every month just seems to fly by, and I can’t believe it’s time for Secret Recipe Club again. Wow!! Don’t blink or summer may be over! This month I was assigned A Tale of One Foodie’s Culinary Adventures. What an array of choices I had. It was seriously hard to narrow it down….I had 5 recipes bookmarked and was still going strong.
I ended up going with the zucchini parmesan crisps because I’m always looking for new ways to prepare one of my new favorite vegetables. These were good, and I was happily surprised my girls wanted to try them. My 9 yr old kept coming over for more which is always a good sign.
I made mine in my convection toaster oven, and the cooking time didn’t vary much. Hop on over and check out Erin’s blog. You’ll be glad you did!
- Zucchini (2 medium or 3 small)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (I used parmesan romano combination)
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs (I used regular)
- 1 - 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Oil 2 cookie sheets with olive oil.
- Mix parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, sea salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Wash and slice zucchini into ¼ inch thick rounds.
- Press each slice of zucchini into bread crumb mixture to coat, and then flip to coat other side. It won't completely coat the slice but will still taste great!
- Place zucchini rounds on each cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.