A large box appeared on my doorstep last week from Walkers Shortbread! Excited to see what surprises lay in store, my girls and I carried the box into the house. When we finally got the box open we were stunned at the vast quantity of goodies Walkers had sent our way.
My mind started reeling with thoughts……I wanted to create a fall recipe this time using some of the Walkers Shortbread cookies. But there are so many possibilities…..cranberries, apples, cinnamon, pumpkin, hmm……
My girls love cheesecake, and I was eyeing these stem ginger shortbread cookies………..
And lately I’ve been obsessed with pumpkin….that’s when it came to me. Pumpkin cheesecake mini trifles. There are several steps to this recipe, but let me say upfront the result is WORTH IT!! And these stem ginger shortbread cookies are incredible! I love the taste of ginger, and not only is that flavor abundant with each bite, but there are little bits of dried ginger sprinkled throughout. Mmm….love ginger!
Walkers wants to share an exclusive promotion with you to use on their website. If you purchase any of Walkers cookies between September 16 – September 23 you will receive 25% off your total purchase (excluding sale items). The promo code is: CKFRUIT. To keep up with Walkers, be sure to follow them on Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1 cup pecans
- ¾ cup oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar + 1 Tbsp
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 stick soft butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 8 oz soft cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 half pint heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp soft butter
- 1 package Walkers Stem Ginger Shortbread Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make CRUMB TOPPING:
- place pecans in food processor and pulse to finely chopped. Add in oats and pulse to finely chopped.
- Put brown sugar, salt, ginger, soft butter and flour into food processor.
- Pulse until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread this mixture out onto a greased cookie sheet about ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, and then cool on cooling rack.
- Crumble should harden and be able to break into pieces to form a crumb topping.
- To make FILLING:
- In mixer bowl, add softened cream cheese, sugar, and pumpkin and mix for a minute or two until creamy and well combined.
- Add in cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Mix well and refrigerate until needed.
- To make WHIPPED CREAM:
- In mixer bowl, add cold whipping cream and using whisk attachment start whipping at highest speed you can go without splattering it everywhere.
- After liquid begins to thicken a bit, add in vanilla and sugar.
- Whip about 3-5 more minutes until you have thick whipped cream. Don't go too far or you will have butter.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- To make CRUST:
- Add the package of Walkers Stem Ginger Shortbread Cookies and pulse until you have all crumbs.
- Add in softened butter and mix until well combined.
- TO ASSEMBLE TRIFLES:
- In one large dish or several small dishes, layer the trifle with all components.
- Crust first, then pumpkin filling, then whipped cream and top with crumb topping with a little bit of the crushed walkers cookies sprinkled on top for extra ginger taste.
- This recipe made 5-6 small trifles with leftovers of everything. You can spread the leftovers into a small pyrex dish in layers and cut into bars, eat straight out of the containters, or freeze in layers. You can use leftover crumb topping for yogurt parfaits or other ice cream desserts.
Disclaimer: Though Walkers Shortbread sent me these cookies to sample, I did not receive any compensation for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
If you enjoyed this post or recipe, please pass it along! There are many ways you can SHARE. One of the most popular options is to PIN it on Pinterest or to LIKE it on Facebook. It really makes my day! To make sure you don’t miss a post or recipe you can either follow Creative Kitchen on Facebook or Pinterest. Or subscribe by RSS subscription or Email in the sidebar. It’s FREE! Thanks for reading….I love having company in the kitchen!