I have another keeper for you today! I’d say I make this recipe at least twice a month, if not more. It was a recipe born of necessity as one night I didn’t have enough chicken to make chicken parm and what I did have wasn’t thawed out all the way. My oldest daughter loves chicken parm! I’m right there with her….but it takes forever to make, uses A LOT of chicken breast and I have to turn on my oven. Living in South Florida where it gets very hot & humid in the summer, I love meals that don’t require oven use.
So what did I do? I diced up the chicken, which meant it would thaw faster and COOK FASTER! I made chicken nuggets in a skillet, and combined everything in one pot on the stovetop. Then I stirred in mozzarella cheese in order to get that cheesy goodness in every bite!
After this method, I’ve never looked back. It’s the ONLY way I make chicken parm now. It’s seems faster and easier to me. And the BIGGEST benefit is that I can stretch a little over a pound of chicken breast to feed my family of 5 in a satisfying way. My meat-loving husband doesn’t feel like he’s giving anything up with this meal, and it helps me stick to my food budget.
- 1.3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast*
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs to coat
- 1 whisked egg
- Favorite spaghetti sauce**
- Pasta of choice***
- 4 to 6 oz. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Prep water for pasta, bring to a boil & turn on low.
- Make chicken nuggets with chicken breast.
- To make chicken nuggets: cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Dip cubes into egg, and then put in ziploc bag with bread crumbs and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in skillet, and fry up chicken nuggets.
- Make spaghetti sauce or heat up sauce of choice.
- Make pasta per directions and drain.
- Add chicken nuggets and pasta to sauce.
- Add fresh mozzarella and stir around till melted in.
A couple notes ~ Please remember to share the recipe with sharing options below (like Facebook or Twitter) if you like it.
Also please take a moment to drop by and vote for Creative Kitchen here . I’ve been nominated for Babble’s Top 100 Food Mom Blogs 2011. Thanks SO much!!
This recipe linked up with Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Monday Mania, Mangia Mondays, Mouthwatering Monday, Homemaker Mondays, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Delectable Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, What’s on the Menu Wednesday, What’s on Your Plate, Real Food Wednesday, Works for Me Wednesday, It’s a Keeper Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Family Friendly Fridays, Finer Things Friday, Food Trip Friday & Saturday Swap.