It’s that time again…..Secret Recipe Club time! I’m not sure if you noticed or not….but I didn’t participate for the month of November. With all the craziness of hubby starting up his own business in October, I opted out since my blogging had to take a back seat for a bit. I’m so happy to be back this month though! And you’re gonna love me for the recipe I selected. Don’t they look amazing? I hope you aren’t Christmas Cookied out yet because these are really worth making!
This month I was assigned Hugs & Cookies XOXO. Talk about the perfect blog assignment for December and Christmas baking. Danielle’s blog is loaded down with every imaginable treat possible. If you’re looking for something new, this is the place to look. So many sugary creations I would have never dreamt possible. Most of her blog is focused on these treats, but I was able to gather she has two cute boys for her kitchen helpers.
I had fun looking through Danielle’s recipes, and actually wrote down two to try. It really was hard to narrow it down though, but since I love the mix of salty pretzels with chocolate I knew I had to try these pretzel cookies. I made a few slight changes like using all regular sugar instead of adding any brown, and adding extra pretzels and chocolate chips (the more the better in my book!). I also used white chocolate chips instead of regular because as you know I love the combo of white chocolate and pretzels. Doubling the recipe was also a must because I knew I’d want more than 24 cookies.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 12 oz pkg of white chocolate chips
- 1½ cups broken pretzels or more if desired
- sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda. Mix in flour on a low speed. Add in pretzels and chocolate chips at the end.
- Original recipe calls for refrigerating 1 hour, but I didn't need to do that. Just refrigerate between batches.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons full of dough and place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake 12 -15 mins and place cookie sheet on cooling rack.
- ** Original recipe called for regular chocolate chips, but I prefer white chocolate with the taste of pretzels. Use whatever you prefer. Also original recipe called for half of all the amounts listed here, but I doubled the recipe since I desired more than 24 cookies. I used all organic white sugar instead of using the brown sugar. I also tripled the amount of pretzels instead of just doubling. I wanted extra pretzels and extra chips.