Excited to share this recipe with you guys as it was a BIG hit here at my house! It also made enough for leftovers. This month I had the pleasure of perusing Mother Thyme for the Secret Recipe Club. Jennifer is a mom of twins that loves combining fresh ingredients with food she already has on hand. As usual, I bookmarked many recipes from her site that I can’t wait to try: Chicken Parmesan Rice Bake, Pizza Dip and Pineapple Banana Juice
This lasagna caught my eye for two reasons….one, I LOVE lasagna….and two, it promised HOMEMADE NOODLES!! I’ve made homemade pasta before when I tried my hand at egg noodles, and I remembered it was EASY! It is….so don’t let that scare you off. Have you noticed a pattern with the Secret Recipe Club recipes I choose? Lately it’s been either pasta or chocolate.
So gain confidence in the kitchen by giving these homemade noodles a try, and make sure you check out Mother Thyme!
- LASAGNA NOODLES:
- 4½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 Tbsp water, room temperature
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 32 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded and divided
- 1½ cups parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Fresh lasagna noodles (above) or 1 box lasagna noodles
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- LASAGNA NOODLES:
- In mixer, combine all ingredients until combined. Remove dough and knead to form a ball. Set aside and let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Place dough on clean, lightly floured surface. Roll out with rolling pin until desired thickness. Trim rough edges and cut into equal 2 inch wide (or desired width) strips. Gather unused dough and edges, knead and roll out additional strips.
- Set fresh noodles aside until ready to use. (I didn't roll mine out until after I'd made my sauce, and cheese mixture).
- PREPARE LASAGNA:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat combine ground beef, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper and garlic powder and cook thoroughly. Remove from heat and stir in pasta sauce until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper and stir until blended.
- In a 9x13 pan spread a light layer of sauce. Then add first layer of noodles. Add a layer of ricotta mixture. Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheese again. Repeat a third time saving enough sauce to cover top of lasagna.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and add remaining mozzarella cheese, adding extra if desired.
- Bake for an additional 20 or so minutes until cheese is melted, bubbly and noodles are cooked through.
- **** Each piece of lasagna (if you cut into 12 pieces) was roughly 400 calories. ****
If you enjoyed this post or recipe, please pass it along! There are many ways you can SHARE. One of the most popular options is to PIN it on Pinterest or to LIKE it on Facebook. It really makes my day! To make sure you don’t miss a post or recipe you can either follow Creative Kitchen on Facebook or Pinterest. Or subscribe by RSS subscription or Email in the sidebar. It’s FREE! Thanks for reading….I love having company in the kitchen!
All you to write was Fresh lasagna and that was it for me-awesome. The lasagna looks really good. Thanks for sharing a fellow blogger recipe. I will check out her blog too.
Velva recently posted..Dirt to Table Experience: Savoy, Lime And Cilantro Coleslaw
Wow, homemade all the way down to the noodles. I have to admit I haven’t attempted that yet. But looking at the lasagne, totally makes me want to get my homemade pasta on.
Rhonda recently posted..Chicken and Kale Chili–Secret Recipe Club Reveal
That looks delicious! I tried making homemade noodles once before and even with my KA Noodle Rollers I found it to be a pain because my noodles kept breaking :(. Jennifer always has wonderful recipes so maybe I’ll give her version a shot. Thanks for being my inspiration to have the courage to tackle homemade noodles again someday!
Christine @ Christine’s Kitchen Chronicles recently posted..SRC: Microwave Streusel Topped French Toast in a Mug
OOOOOOOO U JUST GAVE ME A SERIOUS CRAVING FOR LASAGNA!
misschels recently posted..Secret Recipe Club
I am so thrilled you choose this recipe for SRC! It is one of my favorites and I am so happy it was a big hit at your house! 🙂
Jennifer @ Mother Thyme recently posted..Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffins (dairy free, egg free)
I just made lasagna over the weekend – butternut squash and shiitake mushroom. Yours is making my mouth water and need to try soon! Glad to be part of SRC with you!
YUM! I’ve never made homemade noodles but would love to try it sometime.
Kirstin recently posted..Super Simple, Super Quick, Super Good tomato soup
i LOVE making my own pasta. there’s something so soothing and real and connected in it. wait till the summer and you can make your own sauce too!!
happy src reveal! xo, kristy
kristy @ Gastronomical Sovereignty recently posted..Taste Buds Thursday: Swedish Meatballs
ooo homemade noodles!! I want to make this like right now! yum!!
Angie @ Big Bear’s Wife recently posted..Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Vegetables #KraftFreshTake
Do you need to boil the fresh pasta before assembling this dish? I would love to make this tonight but didn’t want a glutinous mess? Your recipe sounds so yummy.
No need to boil. 😉