As hubby and I have started on this new juicing journey, we’ve been getting many questions. Curiosity has arisen, and juicers have made their way out of friends’ cupboards. We are excited about juicing, and this has spilled over and become quite contagious. And we’re glad! Because when you stumble onto hidden treasure, you can’t wait to share the good news. And you also can’t wait to share the wealth with others! Juicing is hands down the best thing you can do for your health.
Why we juice:
My number one reason for juicing is:
1) INCREASED ENERGY!! I already mentioned this a couple weeks ago, but it’s incredible how much energy I feel when eating or drinking “live” foods. Raw fruits and vegetables will also give you this energy, but think how much more so juicing will. When you juice, the pulp is removed which means the juice is able to go straight to your bloodstream….no waiting for it to digest. Which means instant pick-me-up. Juicing raw vegetables and fruit is the ultimate ENERGY drink. As one who knows the boost from caffeine and sugar well, let’s just say that with juicing you get that boost…and it’s even better because you don’t have to worry about the drop or coming down later as you do with any caffeine or sugar high.
2) ANTI-AGING – Juicing gets all those nutrients and vitamins into your body quickly. When juicing everyday, your body begins to operate at the level it was meant to. Over time your skin will begin to glow, and clear up if you have skin issues. Look up juicing testimonials on You Tube, and do a bit of your own research. You’ll soon see the differences yourself. I feel 10 years younger….and maybe if I keep juicing, I can be like the others and start looking younger. 😉
3) Meets your daily VEGGIE and FRUIT QUOTA – Every diet or meal plan you hear of is quick to point out to eat an abundance of vegetables and fruit. No matter the other differences…they all agree that fresh, raw produce should be the bulk of your food intake. We all know this is true, but how to go about it? When you juice everyday…even just one juice, you can be sure you’ve hit your target.
4) WEIGHT LOSS & REDUCED CRAVINGS – Juicing and eating a plant strong diet keeps me satisfied with food that’s good for me. When you fill up with real, live veggies and fruit, you aren’t hungry for the other foods that aren’t as good for you. I’ve heard it over and over now during my research on juicing and raw foods…that because your body is finally getting the NUTRIENTS it’s been craving your body will quit craving the junk. It’s true!! We got our first taste of that when we started the Daniel Fast….when you aren’t eating sugar and white flour the cravings vanish.
5) REPLACES unhealthy habits & addictions – For my hubby….that means he’s finally off of diet soda!! We hope for good. He was a habitual diet soda drinker…as in we had to be fully stocked. All day, every day. As a real food blogger, buying and stocking diet soda for my hubby went against everything I believe in. I’m SO grateful that God brought juicing into our life, and that hubby LOVES the juice even though he hates eating green veggies or most veggies. I’m convinced this has saved his life! His beverage of choice is now green juice and coconut water straight from the coconut. Love that man!!
There were definitely a lot of misconceptions I’d had about juicing, but to clarify…we are juicing mostly vegetables in our juice which keeps your blood sugar from spiking. I also still love my Vita-Mix and green smoothies are still a part of our lifestyle. The frugal part of me never want to waste all that pulp. 😉 Stay tuned…coming up next I’ll be sharing my favorite green juice recipe with you!!