Ahh….I have a nourishing meal for you today. I know it’s been awhile….I seem to have gotten on a breakfast and dessert kick. I still have a few treats to share with you, but they aren’t overly sweet and one spotlights fruit so well. I do have an exciting new series starting up late next week! I can’t wait….I’m bursting to tell you, and I know you’ll love these recipes as much as I do. All I can say is it involves a group of food bloggers….a 4 week series we’re all involved in, and you’ll meet some new faces. What’s not to love?
Now you know I’ve been having fun with zucchini this summer, and the great thing is my kids have been watching me. I think the love of this veggie is catching. All my girls have declared this soup their favorite…except my middle girl said, “it’s my favorite after Zuppa Toscana.” Even my “I don’t touch veggies” hubby was hooked, so I’m kinda proud of this Creative Kitchen original!
I really find it hard to believe that August is almost over (whew…we dodged Hurricane Irene), but at the same time I’m thrilled that fall is around the corner and we’ll get to dive into a whole new season of food. Living in South Florida will delay the cooler weather till late October or early November, but that doesn’t stop me from switching gears mentally. Fall is my favorite season as I’ve mentioned before, and I can’t wait to share it with you. I’m already dreaming of pumpkin, apples, comfort food, gingersnaps, baking and have even added new cookies to try on my Christmas cookie list.
Pinterest is my new social media love! It’s an uplifting, inspiring and creative place to spend your online time. Think virtual bulletin boards, magazine (website) pics that you PIN up to bookmark your favorites around the web. Since I’m visual…it really is a neat place to stop in everyday and browse around. It’s like looking through a virtual magazine. Let me know if you’re on Pinterest so I can follow you, or if you want me to send you an invitation to join.
- 4 boneless chicken thighs or 2 chicken breasts
- 4 zucchini, peeled, quartered and sliced thinly
- 1 onion sliced and carmelized, then dice
- 1½ stalks celery, diced
- ½ stick butter or as needed to saute veggies
- ½ Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 quarts chicken stock or broth
- Coat chicken with paprika, both sides.
- Roast chicken or cook in skillet and set aside to cool.
- In large skillet carmelize onion and set aside.
- In large soup pot, using butter as needed…saute zucchini until cooked to desired doneness. Add in celery and continue cooking.
- Add chicken stock or broth to soup pot.
- Cut or shred chicken and add to soup.
- Add in garlic and carmelized onion.
This recipe is linked up with Real Food Wednesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Slow Cooking Thursday, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back Friday, Monday Mania, Hearth and Soul Hop & Fat Tuesday.