Are you trying to get your eating back on track? I sure am! I’d say I’ve been about 65% successful, but still find myself caving into a sugary treat after dinner. That has got to stop!! And exercise…..pfft…..what’s that? Oh yeah…it’s definitely been harder for me this year. Normally my body is craving what’s good for me by now, so I’m a bit mystified. It couldn’t have anything to do with the mounds and mounds of treats I baked….nah! Thankfully most house is clear of them!
To jump start things, I’m heading to the grocery store in a bit and stocking up on fresh veggies and fruit. When I get home I’m going to finish cleaning out the fridge, produce bins and all. Give it a really good scrub, and then sit down to a nice big salad! What are you doing to jump start your motivation? I’d love to know I’m not in this boat alone….maybe we can motivate each other!
This simple but tasty breakfast really carried me through the couple weeks before Christmas. Don’t let the picture fool you….eggs aren’t very photogenic. It’s filling, packed full of protein and fresh veggies and low carb to boot. Don’t worry if you don’t like zucchini….I didn’t think I did either, but over the summer I fell in love. Zucchini really takes on the other flavors, and makes a great potato substitute. A bit of crushed red pepper adds a bit of heat. Try it and let me know what you think!
- ½ zucchini peeled and diced small
- ¼ cup diced sweet onion
- sprinkle crushed red pepper
- sprinkle sea salt and pepper
- butter or oil to saute
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 oz. cheese, finely shredded
- diced tomatoes to top with (optional)
- On medium low add butter or oil to skillet. Saute zucchini and onions together till soft (about 10-15 minutes). While cooking, add crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Shred cheese right onto veggies (I used fontina or monterey jack)
- Add beaten eggs and cook till desired doneness. I like a soft scramble.